Saturday, July 12, 2008

I look like Minnie Driver.

So i got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. All four of them! it was a... special experience. i wasn't allowed to eat for 6 hours before the operation, so starting at 9:30, the only thing that went in my mouth was water and lots of Sprite. which was definitely unfortunate, since i was working at my job in a coffee shop/bakery and we'd just made fresh scones and chocolate chip cookies. and since i'm not supposed to have any kind of soda for a while, i was drinking as much as i could to hold myself over until i'm allowed. =]

mom came and got me in time to get to st. george to the... get ready for it... ORAL SURGEON! dun dun dun. so i finally got into the chair, and got a certificate for joining the "First IV Club." you should've seen me, i was shaking so bad. mama asked me if i was really cold, because my lips were trembling. the last thing i remember before i went under was thinking that the 3 shots he put into the IV kind of hurt my arm. i don't really know how long the procedure took, but it felt like forever. oh, and the reason i had to have them surgically removed was because the bottom two were severely impacted... stupids.

when i came home, i sat in dad's recliner, leaned back, and pretty much didn't move. i can only eat soft foods, i couldn't brush my teeth for the first 24 hours (not like i've been upstairs lately anyways...), i had to have an ice-pack literally strapped to my head for 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, and i've thrown up quite a bit from a combination of the medicine they used to put me out and as a side effect from the Lortab i'm taking. i ended up watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" with dad until like midnight:30 ish. Then i woke up at 5:30 and watched "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." man, i love that show! after that though, i pretty much just chilled, watched TV all day long, and ate mushy food. you know, honestly never realized how many delicious-looking food commercials are shown on a regular basis! seriously right now, i am craving Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, and Applebee's... all at once. i want to eat something solid and delicious more than anything in the world!

i really don't know why i'm going into so much detail. probably because i've only gotten out of this recliner twice today. once to go to the bathroom, once when dad thought a spider was on the chair and i kind of... leapt out. anyways, i'm doing my best to keep myself occupied. but even so, i think i'm going to end this here and now...

Thanks for tuning in, folks. =]

3 people find me hilarious:

ToDd said...

i don't get the minnie driver reference.

Jennifer said...

minnie driver has a huge lower jaw. and now, so do i.

Anonymous said...

Heeey! You have a blog!@! sweet man!!