Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Whole Wide World Is Mine

i've been listening to a lot of Angels and Airwaves today... haha

Today has been an incredible day. I don’t really know why… I mean, it’s not that it was SUPER great or that I had anything amazing happen to me. It’s kind of hard to explain… so I’ll just tell you about my day!

For starters, I actually got up on time today, as opposed to yesterday, when I got out of bed 5 minutes after I was supposed to be AT work. Well, it wasn’t until after mom and dad left that I realized how horribly Todd and I communicate unless it has to do with a) Family Guy, b) Scrubs, c) Pizza Rolls, or d) Kristen. I swear he told me yesterday that he didn’t work at Grandma Tina’s. See, when he works there, it’s from 8-2 which is roughly the same time frame that I have (well… had) at Linda Lea’s, so we could ride together. Well as I aid, I was sure he wasn’t working until later so I didn’t think twice about driving myself into town. At least, not until I drove by his place of work and saw the truck parked there. Needless to say, I was pretty upset, considering I am now out of a steady job so I can’t afford to drive everywhere unless absolutely necessary.

You know, I’m not entirely sure that whole bit was relevant. Oh well! So I went to work at Linda Lea’s at 8 am, and worked until like 10:45. At that point, I had to leave to go to the high school and do registration/fees. However, my fee-suppliers happen to be in Alabama at this moment, so pretty much all I got done while I was there was pick a locker (which Ashley did for me anyways, so I didn’t even need to do that) and a “desirable parking spot with owner’s name painted on for a fee of $20” which I decided not too long after that I don’t even want. So in essence, it was completely pointless for me to leave work for that. Oh well, I got my “Breaking Dawn” book back from my friend Jamie (only to let my friend Erica borrow it like 5 hours later) and I saw a few people. I have a schedule dilemma that I need to solve ASAP, but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Later that day…


Ashley and I were at Fotoworx (a photo store inside Honey’s Jubilee… it’s a grocery store) printing off some pictures, and our dear good friend Mark was working there. Well, he decided to tell us TODAY that he and our other dear good friend Mike are leaving for college tomorrow. So instead of going to see the new Batman movie with Todd (I really am sorry about that), Ashley and I went to Mark’s house where he made us steak, and we made mashed potatoes with his mom. Then we watched the Olympics with those two, plus Mark’s sister Chelsea.

At 8 though, he had to go to a bishop’s interview to become an Elder. And that was A-OK with me! But guess who popped into town for an hour or two? Kiah! I guess her mom had some work to finish in Kanab, so she brought all the kids and Raja (the dog) for the night.

Oh as a side note, I want to say something very special that happened tonight. Ashley, Nikiah, and I were all at Denny’s Wigwam because that’s where Lisa (Nikiah’s mom, aka Mama Riggs. She’s actually in my phone like that!) was supposed to pick us up. Well Ashley was standing on this big rock and we were all just messing around and talking and stuff. I got up on the rock with her and pretended like I was going to push her off, so she “freaked out.” As in, she pretended like she was crying and said something that was incomprehensible to Nikiah. But somehow, I translated it and said “She said ‘she’s being mean to me.’” Ashey: * more gibberish * Me: “And I almost pushed her off this big tall rock.” Ashley and Nikiah both just looked at me with this crazy look. Kiah started to kind of laugh, but Ashley literally got kind of choked up, hugged me, and said “Jennifer, I don’t know why, but that just made me really emotional.” We talked about it later and realized that both of us saw that as something really special. You know why? It’s not because I speak fluent crazy-person, but it’s because I knew exactly what she was going to say before she even said it, and that made it even easier to translate. I don’t know… does anyone else find that to be a special moment to have with your best friend?

Even a few hours later, I went to drop her off at her casa, and I suddenly started spilling my soul to her. Like, I was saying things out loud that I didn’t even realize I thought until I said it out loud. Does that make any kind of sense?

Oh man… it’s late. And I am watching The Simpson’s Movie, so I guess I’ll call this done… I love you so very much.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The best.

0 people find me hilarious: