Friday, September 12, 2008

Story!

alright. so you may or may not know, but i've been kind of worried lately because homecoming is next week and i wanted to go, but did NOT want to go without a date. well today, those worries went away, because i have a date! and believe it or not, this will only be my second date since i turned 16. the first one was with my best friend, and we went so we could get out of playing in the pep band at a basketball game. haha

well i'm thinkin you might want to know who and how he asked me... even if you don't, i'm going to write about it anyways. :) i could tell you all the details leading up to it, like how when i asked my best friend/lunch buddy Ashley where she wanted to go for lunch she said the middle school (even though she NEVER wants to go there) and when i asked if she said drive or walk, she said "walk." very purposefully. i could also tell you about how Ashley has been whispering not-very-discreetly with this girl Sara Carling who is this guy's best friend the last few days and wouldn't tell me about what even though we tell each other everything.

but i won't tell you all that. i'll just tell you how he asked me! so ashley and i were just walking around the inside of the school during the lunch period (we'd already been to the middle school and back... ha.) when we ran into this freshman girl that's on the volleyball team with Ashley. after talking for a minute, Josie (before mentioned freshman girl) turned to me and said "Hey Jennifer, i think something happened to your car..." Ashley's eyes got huge and went "JOSIE! You weren't supposed to say anything! Crap!" so obviously, i'm bookin it for the back door to where my (well... mom's) car was parked. unfortunately, i forgot that Ashley is slightly faster and much, much stronger than me. so she put me in a chokehold and wrestled me to the floor (this is in the front lobby of the school, by the way. meaning... we had an audience.) until i promised i would stay inside until she could at least check and make sure it was done. she left and after a minute or two, came back and told me the coast was clear. what i found was like 20 or so red and white balloons taped all over my vehicle, and this sign on the driver's side window:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There was a safety pin under that tape, but it was in use when this picture was taken.


And when it says "Hint: Eat the candy!" it's referring to the Tootsie Rolls and things of Smarties that were in every balloon. it took a while for me to pop all the balloons (Ashley assisted me by at least taking the balloons off the car so i wouldn't have tape and rubber all over it), and then i collected all the candies and headed for the tables in the library. there, i had like 3 other people helping me unwrap all of them... i have no idea why it was so hard for me to figure out what i was looking for, though. because in one of the Smarties wrappers, there was a tiny piece of paper wrapped around the candies. i was like... wow, how did i not see that? anyways, here's what the paper said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


so that's basically it. i have to figure out a way to say yes to him in a cute way, though. i have a good idea, but i'm not going to put it on here because well the internet is a tricky place! haha i'll update you sometime next week, though... or whenever i get around to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me popping my surprises.


As a couple side notes, Josie has been apologizing nonstop every time she sees me and/or Ashley all day for spoiling the surprise. i told her i was going to find out eventually, and not to worry. Also, Todd claims he needs to interview this kid. HA right. like i'm going to bring my date anywhere near my family! ;) haha just kidding just kidding...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

:)

0 people find me hilarious: