Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I know I say this all the time

But I really, really miss Sly. I got a letter from him today, complete with a picture of him in a 3-piece suit--classy, right??

His letters always make me giggle. In the last letter I wrote to him, I wrote it while I was super cracked out of my mind on 5-Hour Energy Extra Strength, so most of my stories were ridiculous. I told him my situation of having to be awake for the next 43 hours, and I instantly imagined him laughing at me and saying "silly girl" like he always does when I'm just being ridiculous. In the letter I got today, I was literally shocked at how it began:


Jennifer--or--super flighty girl on energy shots,

I don't really know what to say. I guess I'm not at a loss for words... it just seems that I don't really have to say anything for you to know I'm rolling my eyes, then saying "silly girl" followed up with a sideways smile. You make me laugh. :)

It made me smile that I totally called his reaction. Also, I shared with him my favorite quote from the song "Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise" by the Avett Brothers. You've probably seen it quoted on some blog of mine or whatever. Anyways, it goes likes this:


"If you're loved by someone, you're never rejected. Decide what to be, and go be it."

I love that quote so much. I wish I'd heard it when it was time for me to choose a senior quote, as stupid as that sounds. I just like to share it with anyone I can. Anyways, to that, Sly had a response that almost made me cry:


I really liked your favorite quote! I agree with it. I believe one or the most important things in life is to become! Become who you were in the premortal existence. The moment we decide that's who we are going to be is when we will find our true path.

I know it probably sounds hokey to everyone else, but I loved it. Things can get tricky and scary and unsure and all kinds of other negative adjectives sometimes, but it's good to know that there are always people kind of on the lookout for you.

I just miss that guy, is all. But he's doing a good thing in Georgia, and I'm so, so proud of him for that.

But still.

0 people find me hilarious: