Friday, March 6, 2009

Success!

i had a pretty fruitful trip to st. george with mama today. we went for prom shoes, which we got, but i also found some things at D.I. that brightened my life! (quite literally) thing is, i never go to D.I. i just think it's really weird to be wearing clothes that used to be on someone that i've never met and that just freaks me out. until i found these handy VS (that's Victoria's Secret. not "versus"... Rhees.) pants and i almost had a meltdown!


favorite pants EVER. Dad acted like he threw up in his mouth a little, but i could see the jealousy burning in his eyes. haha anyways, i also found some comfy shorts and an extremely comfy shirt, but these pants were the only ones worthy of blogging about. haha


and now for the highlight of my day... prom shoes!

this picture really does not do them justice... it's a prettier red than that. my date is like 5'10 and i'm about 5'7", so these are kind of pushing it... i think i'm going to be taller than him. but man, these shoes were like... destiny. they go PERFECT with my dress! and in case you're wondering, there's a reason i haven't posted any pictures of said dress. 1: i have to alter it a little bit, which i haven't done yet. 2: i want to keep it on the D.L. why? i'm not really sure. i just think it adds some suspense, right?

OH! i also just realized that i never told you how i got asked to prom... or even that i did get asked. so on Monday, i came back from 6th hour to find a teddy bear, a sign, and roses in my locker from a kid in my grade who we refer to as Grygla, asking me to prom. the next morning, i filled out an announcment form and my dear good friend LaRisa said on the morning announcements: "ATTENTION GRYGLA: Jennifer would like to tell you that she'd love to go to prom with you!" which isn't exactly what was written on the paper, but whatever... i think he got the message. i wish i had a picture of my locker, but i didn't think to take one. and i have a picture of my flowers on my phone, but it's not near me at the moment, and i'm just too plain lazy to go take a picture with my camera. sorry, folks... just picture 3 pink roses and a lot of baby's breath in a vase with a pink ribbon! :) they smell SO good! i woke up on Tuesday morning and i was like "wow... my room smells amazing." so if you want to, you're more than welcome to give me roses every now and then to keep my room smelling special! haha

whew! that was a lot of blog for the tiny bit of energy that i currently contain. which is not a lot. i'm still pretty wasted from only getting 5 hours of sleep in Wednesday night... due to the fact that i went to see "Phantom of the Opera" in Vegas that night! Dad and i didn't get home until 2:45 a.m., and we were excused from 1st hour the next day to sleep in a little. fortunately for me, i don't have a 2nd period class on Tuesdays or Thursdays, so i slept in more than everyone else. but still, i didn't do anything in my 3rd or 4th hour classes, so i could have slept clear until lunch. what the heck!

alright well it's like 12:10 a.m. and i keep going on about nothing. this post was supposed to be about my pants and shoes, but we all know how my little things end up turning out as epistles. see? even this paragraph was supposed to be "i'm done, bye." i'm terrible at summing things up.

2 people find me hilarious:

Sarah said...

That made me laugh when you described Dad's reaction to your pants. But I think you're right- he was just trying to hide his envy.

Anderson Family said...

Dad here. I don't remember the word 'envy' coming to mind when I saw them. 'Hideous' seems to ring a bell, though.