Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Burritoes Have Gone

Chelsea, Chanelle, Carley, and me just bein our Regulatin' selves.

Last night was our very last home basketball game of the year, and therefore... my last home basketball game of my high school career. It was also the last time I will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" with X-Press at a Kanab High School sports event. (As far as I'm aware. We don't sing at baseball games, do we?) Sad deal. Well, the game was a boys game against Millard (ohhh the irony...), and it was absolutely incredible. For one thing, I borrowed my friend's saxophone when the pep band started playing "Burritoes To Go" (literally my favorite song ever) and I got to play the solo part for the last time. I cried. I miss pep band sooo much, and I really miss that song. Anyways, I also had a ton of fun in the Rowdy Crowd. I was pretty irate at first, because there was absolutely NO room on the first two rows, due to 3 random girls from Fredonia that decided to invade our black-out Rowdy Crowd with their blue sweaters. I was sorely tempted to shove them off and say "Guess what, this is my senior night, make room for me." But I didn't, because I do have a heart. Fortunately though, a freshman that i'm on StudCo with took the initiative to grab some other underclassmen and move to a different row to let me stand there. Thanks, Jessika. Way to be considerate. (:

Now as for the game. At first, I thought it was going to be a close one... but I was badly mistaken. We took the lead, and never let the Eagles even get close enough to smell it. Somewhere in the middle of the game, Rendon texted me and asked me to tell him how the game went. So I took this picture and sent it to him saying "I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just sayin..."

After the game was also pretty emotional. Usually for senior night, the seniors go out on the floor before the game, where they are presented with their gifts (usually a cake with their name & jersey number, some flowers for their moms, a blanket with their name and jersey number embroidered on it, and some kind of a poster/picture thing with an action shot of them.), then the game happens. But for some reason, it was different this year. After the game, that's when all of the seniors went out on the floor. Then Mr. Luce (the head coach) went on to "bear his testimony", as he put it. He began talking about how his very first year of teaching at KHS was when we were freshmen, and he actually catches himself saying things like "Remember when we were sophomores..." as if he was one of us. And in reality, he kind of is. Anyways, he was just bawling the whole time, along with all of the seniors (on and off the basketball team). Chanelle and I went up to Rhees afterwards and gave him a hug, but we could tell he was extemely sad. Basketball is Rhees's specialty (even though he's a champion at like every sport there is), so he was pretty justified in his tears.
Chanelle and I with Rhees after the game. Poor guy... we kind of forced him to look happy for the picture. haha

After everyone kind of dispersed, Chanelle and I went to her house to go wash our faces and get ready for our Girls Night at Chelsea's house. See, all of us ("us" being me, Carley, Chelsea, Chanelle, and Brianna) have been having a rough time in our own ways lately, mostly in the boy area of our lives. Particularly me and Chanelle, whose boyfriend just went into the MTC this past Wednesday. This being so, we all felt a requirement for a Girls Night. We got to Chelsea's, changed into our jammies, and then realized we had none treats! Soooo we all piled into Chanelle's car at like 11:30 at night and went to Stage Stop in our pajamas to purchase some tasty things. When we came back, we created a giant bed, then proceeded to watch multiple episodes of "Project Runway", "Who's Line Is It Anyway?", and "The Office."

Chanelle, Chelsea, Carley, and Brianna in the process of devouring Rolos, Rips, Chicken In A Biscuit and Squeez Cheez, Coca-Cola, and Mountain Dew Code Red.

We ended up staying up until like 3 am watching these shows... then I got to get up at 6:45 to shower and get ready for work. /: Hurray for work and making money! Anyways, my point is that although there were a lot of tears and emotions involved with this day, it was still a pretty great one.

0 people find me hilarious: