Saturday, March 20, 2010

Success!

We had Region Solo & Ensemble this past Thursday in Beaver, and I'd say it was a pretty successful day. I went with X-Press ton sing 3 songs as a group, plus I had 3 small groups that I was involved in. These were: "Homeward Bound", a duet with my dear good friend Chelsea; "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need", a group with Kelsie, McKenna, Chelsea, Aaron, Matt, and Landon; and "Cantate Domino" with Chelsea, Jamie, Kelsie, Ben, Ian, Matt, and... Andrew I think? Anyways, "Homeward Bound" and "Cantate Domino" both got the highest rating available, so we get to go to State. Unfortunately, "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need" didn't do well enough to move on to state... bummer.

The trip was fun though. As soon as I got there, I went inside the church where the individual groups were performing, then I remembered that I'd left something on the bus. So I turned around and started haulin back up the stairs, but then a pretty solid thing stopped me. I looked up and saw my good friend Rendon! He thought he was pretty funny. But then I just said "Well hi. 'Scuse me." So I hurried past him, only to be trucksticked and bear-hugged by Rendon's little brother, Dallin. By the time I finally got outside, the bus was just barely pulling away. Dang those boys.

Anyways, the point is that we did pretty good at region. Both judges gave us a Superior rating on our group songs ("Let go, why do you stay me?", "When Allen-a-dale went a-hunting", and "Carol of Joy"), so that made us feel quite nice. Oh yeah, the lady that was judging mine and Chelsea's duet was the director at Honor Choir--go figure. So I knew from experience what she wanted to see and hear... so I gave it to her. I was like making eye contact with her and gettin to be all kinds of emotional. When we got our judging sheet back, it said something like "Part 2: Thank you for showing how much you care for this song and allowing the passion to show in your face." That's right. Go me.

Well, I suppose that just means I've got work to do for State so that I can improve on everything. The main reason Chelsea and I are doing "Homeward Bound" is because anyone who's group gets a Superior rating at state gets to sing that song at our end-of-the-year concert... and my mom really, really wants us to sing at that concert so she can hear it. What a cute lady. (:

That's all for now. Tune in next time.

0 people find me hilarious: