Saturday, August 28, 2010

The First Week

The original intent for this post was to be a blow-by-blow replay of my first week of classes. But in reality, I am actually at college still, and I have actual homework to be done, so it's gonna be a quickie.

For starters, I love my classes. The only one I don't exactly love (Math 1010, duh) isn't even too bad, because it's the same math I took in 10th grade. Plus, there are four other people from my high school in there, and one girl that I went to Freedom Academy with and I really like her. The rest of my classes are Psychology 1110, Art 1050 (aka Photography), and two freshmen courses that are required. My Tuesdays and Thursdays are AWESOME... I only have math, which is from 10-11. Then I get to spend the rest of the day catching up on homework from the day before. Joy. (:
Second, I absolutely LOVE living in the dorms. I used to be kind of embarassed by that, but now I like to rub in my friends' faces the fact that not only do I not have to cook for myself, I live less than 4 minutes away from my first class (walking), but I also make it a regular thing of making new friends every day. I do have my little group of friends that I hang out with on a regular basis, but I still can just walk by the common area, see some people watching TV, and just go chill with them and be friends after an episode of Family Guy.
It was still a fun week, though. On Thursday night, I got to go see The Maine perform in St. George with my friends Kyle (friend from my floor), Starms, Mark, Kevin, and Chandler. The ride there was...... interesting. And the concert itself was AWESOME! I really love The Maine. I had only showed them to Kyle the day before the concert, but then he went all crazy and was like "alksje;lfajsldjs I LOVE THE MAINE!" so he really wanted to go. It was an adventure indeed. (:

Me and Kyle in the middle of the action.
Unfortunately, this is the best picture I have of the actual concert. There was too much jumping around to be able to hold my phone/camera still.

So basically, it was a successful week. We're awesome.

0 people find me hilarious: