Monday, May 19, 2008

Novel?

I just thought I’d tell everybody that today was not even half bad. I mean, there wasn’t anything really spectacular that happened, and I’m not exactly high on elation like I was that one time, but still… I got a few stories out of the day. Stories make things interesting, yes?

So this morning, Mama and I drove into town together, and I took her to work, then I drove to school. As soon as I got to school, Nikiah asked me if I could take her to Laid Back Larry’s for breakfast, because her car was running on fumes. We had like 15 minutes until the tardy bell, so I was like sure, why not? We get to Laid Back Larry’s, and this Yukon in front of us I swear ordered like 16 coffees. So we had to wait and wait and wait and watch the clock tick, the whole time Nikiah’s saying “I’m so sorry if I make you late, I didn’t know it would be this slow!” But my first period teacher is like 8 months pregnant (the other day, she asked this kid to pick up a box for her, and was like “It’s not that heavy and I could normally pick it up, but we don’t want me going into labor. That’s something no one wants to see.”), and therefore usually pretty distracted. I’m pretty sure I didn’t get marked tardy…

That’s one story. After that, there were a few little stories, which I won’t go into too much detail about. But basically in 3rd period, I almost had to “divorce” my “husband” but we got over it. Haha oh and in 4th hour, Megan and I had to write the lyrics to both options for senior songs on poster boards… we spent the whole class period on it, and we’re still not done. I wish we knew what song they were doing for sure, because it would be really nice to only have to write the words for one.

Alright, this one is pretty interesting. It was an adventure. Okay, so Ashley came into my 4th hour class after the bell rang and asked me what I was doing for lunch. Neither of us had any money, so I said “Middle school?” “Sure, I haven’t been there in a while.” “Okay… walk or drive?” “Drive. My legs hurt.” So we went out to where my car was parked, and drove over to the middle school. (In case you don’t know, that’s less than a block from the high school. Like, you can see it from the front side of the building.) Well TJ, Tyrell, Dustin, and Tyler Robinson a.k.a. T-Rob were walking down the middle of the road. TJ came around to my window, which was down, so I assumed he was going to say something to me. Unfortunately, this meant I had my foot on the brake. Which meant he was able to reach in, put the car in park, and take out the keys all within like 2 seconds. (Either he’s very, very fast, or my reflexes suck… I’m hoping he’s just fast. Haha) Then he took off running. If you don’t know TJ, you should know that he’s not like a jerk or a bully or anything, he’s just… well, he’s just TJ. Ashley and I just sat there for a second going “What the heck just happened?” But then T-Rob came up and said “Well hey, you can still put your car in neutral without the keys. You’ll just have limited steering and brake power.” So that’s what we did. I put the car in neutral (which for some reason, was not very easy) and had T-Rob on the left side, Tyrell on the right, and Dustin in the back, all pushing me. (Something inside me gave me the crazy temptation to touch the brakes juuuuuust a little to see what would happen to Dustin.) I guess TJ felt betrayed by them helping me after what he did, because he came back and gave me my keys. Later though, when we were all sitting at the lunch table, I (brilliantly) put my keys on the table. TJ launched across the table and swiped them. Then, without me seeing him do it, took off the clicker thing and passed it to Tyrell, who passed it to T-Rob, who passed it to Dustin. I really don’t know exactly what happened to it after that, because I didn’t even realize it was gone until I was back at the high school and noticed I only had the ignition key. So at the end of lunch, I went up to Dustin, put my arm on his shoulder and said “So Dustin. Can I have my clicker back?” --pause for effect-- “What clicker?” That’s when I looked at T-Rob, who was pretending to not even realize I was there. Very suspicious. So then I started to walk away, but looked back in time to see him putting the clicker in Dustin’s shirt pocket. For the time I didn’t have it though, I was scared. Ashley actually told me “If I was them, or even if I was on their side with all this, I would tell them to unlock your car, put it in neutral, and push it somewhere.” That thought scared me, so I had to go check on it every few minutes. Altogether, it was a pretty… exciting experience? Those guys play lots of tricks, but they’re usually pretty funny, and I never get mad. So that just helped make my day by making things funnier.

That reminds me. I swear, only in Kanab can you walk out of class, say “Hey, someone stole my car!” then walk back in and sit down like nothing happened. That’s what this kid in X-Press did the other day, but it turns out it was his little brother that had taken his truck. It was funny though, because he freaked out for a second, but it was only because his phone was in there. That’s the only reason he was worried… go figure.
Oh, and I have to say that I’m pretty proud of myself. Lately, I’ve just been sick of sitting around, waiting for something to happen between me and a certain person. So last week or something like that, I wrote him a note and left it in his locker. Today, he told me that it’s still there because he says its like finding a nice surprise for him every morning. So I wrote him another one in 7th hour, complete with little cartoons of an inside joke. We’ll see (well… I’ll see) how he reacts to it in the morning, huh? I don’t know, maybe that’s kind of childish, but I love writing notes, so why not write notes to the boy you like, right? Haha

I actually didn’t have too bad of a time at work today. It was pretty fast, so I didn’t have to worry about finding things to do. See, the way to my boss’s heart is to always be doing something, and to never ever sit down. So if I’m not checking someone out, I usually go wash the windows. I swear, I washed the same door like 3 times today because I didn’t know what else to do! But I also think I had a pretty good time because I was working with Kaylie, and she always makes the time go by faster. Oh, and after work, I went across the street to the Shell station because Savy was working and well, I just thought I’d visit her. Plus, I needed a beverage because it was like a million degrees outside. So I go back to the fridge, and the door like flies open. For a second, I was like what the crap? But then I remembered seeing Chasen’s car out front. So I looked closer, and saw him and Chris back in there. I opened the door to get the drink, looked right at Chris, and got my Dr. Pepper. It took him like 5 seconds, but he finally was like “Drat! She saw me!” so they came out and Chasen was like “Oh my gosh, I cannot believe the difference in temperatures!” It was literally so hot in that place, Savy’s Crunch Bar was completely melted. Yikes.

Last good thing: at like 7 or 8-ish, I’d laid in bed to read my book, but the words started running together because I was sooooo tired. So I took a nap. A while later, like a quarter to 9, my mama came in and asked me if I was out for the night. I replied with: “iuhnuh.” Translation: “I don’t know.” Then she said “Well if not, I was wondering if you’d want to go for a walk with me for Family Home Evening.” So a couple minutes later, I got up, put on some jeans and went for a walk with my mama. That was fun, because we got to just talk about random stuff. I even told her I was proud of her for recognizing a Taylor Swift ringback tone. I like my mama, a whole lot. I really do!

Well, I think I’m gonna call that good. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t care less about my stories, but if they did have any effect on you, I hope it was a good one. :)

0 people find me hilarious: