Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stairway to Heaven, EdNet, and Ironman.

Today is K Day. If you don't know what that is, it's what we call the day before the last day of school, where all we do is hang out, sign yearbooks, play 3 on 3 basketball, do dodgeball tournaments, have water balloon "civil wars", and the following year's student council white-washes the K on K Hill. Hence, K Day. Last year, we even had a Guitar Hero tournament, which was entertaining. They actually had to ban "Stairway to Heaven" and "Free Bird" due to a wait list. Haha...

For some reason, i can't get it through my head that graduation is tomorrow. Since i'm only a sophomore, you wouldn't expect me to get so worked up about it, but i really am. I mean, i am (or have at some point been) friends with like half of the senior class. And even the ones that i'm not exactly friends with, we've talked and laughed and had a good time and i don't like to think about how school is going to be different without them. You know? Plus, i don't like the idea of next year's seniors letting their age status getting to their heads... they've been acting like seniors since like 8th grade. Haha.

I signed so many yearbooks today. Well, maybe not a lot, but it seems like it because i pretty much wrote a whole novel in all the ones i did write in. When i was writing in Garetts, he left and came back at least 3 times to see if i was done yet. Finally, he just waited it out. Only the upperclassmen got their's today, so us and the freshmen get ours tomorrow. I think i wrote something to TJ, Garett, Morgan, Jod, Shaylee, Cassidie, Matt, Chasen, Demi, Tyler aka T-Dub, Mossi, and Rebekah Marshall... yeah, that last one was pretty random. Believe me. I wrote a TON in most of them. I'm kind of excited to get mine. I say "kind of" only because i want people to sign it. In reality, the yearbooks this year actually really really bite. All the pictures are either super pixelated or really stretched out, and there's not even anything about X-Press in there at all. So yeah i basically just want mine to have people sign it.

Today was pretty random, i have to say. There was the stuff that happened all day, such as me taking pictures with like everyone i saw, me and Nikiah driving around town so she could take pictures of everywhere she wanted to remember, etc. But there were some things that went down that completely threw off my groove. For one, i had a water balloon thrown at me while i was driving back to school from picking up a paycheck and it scared the everything out of me! So then there were little lime green pieces of balloon stuck to my driver's side door. Then, while i was taking a picture with Rhees and T-Dub, Tyler decided it's been too long since he's tickled me. So right as the picture is taken, his hand that was over my right shoulder INSTANTLY went to my underarm and he started tickling me like crazy. Poor Rhees, i'm pretty sure i kicked him a lot because of how we were sitting, and i was squirming all over the place trying to make T-Dub stop! They decided that they're going to call me up this summer and say they're coming to get me... =/ Alright anyways, i've got one more story, and it's the strangest of the day. I'm still having a hard time understanding it. So me and Nikiah were at Junction getting some lunch, and when we were done we walked out the door. I heard someone say "Hey, Jennifer buddy friend pal!" I turned, and it was my friend Jake getting out of his friend's car. He had this weird little grin on his face, and said "Want to help a guy out?" I had no idea what he was talking about, but Nikiah and i went to him anyways. He took me around the corner of the building so his friend in the car couldn't hear or see what was going on. So then Jake went on to explain how this girl was psycho and she liked the friend in the car a lot but claimed she didn't, but pretty much stalked him. He then went on to say "And we were thinking that maybe if he got a girlfriend, she would back off. So what do you say... would you be a temporary girlfriend? It would only be for a week or two, and you wouldn't have to do anything more than hang out with us and maybe hold his hand once in a while." I was speechless, mostly because the friend they were helping out was a boy i'd had a crush on at one point. For a second, i was thinking Man, if only they'd asked me this about two months ago...! After a little while though, and after joining about 3 other people that were in on the plan, i admit i kind of lost track of what they were talking about and Jake finally said "Okay Jennifer, you're off the hook for now. Don't worry about it!" So yeah, that was weird. I was very close to being considered a Rent-A-Girlfriend. Not exactly how i pictured my day going, you know?

I can't believe how different the end of this year is from the end of last year. Hmm let's see how this goes...
Last year: I was 15, thrilled to no longer be considered the bottom of the food chain.
This year: I am 16, wanting badly to become an upperclassman.

Last year: Dreading having to actually take a science class, but glad to be out of French 1.
This year: Really wishing i could take one of Mrs. Warner's classes again, and i will be taking EdNet classes, which are wayyy worse than French.

Last year: Permit.
This Year: License.

Last year: Couldn't WAIT for summer to come, so i could go to Florida and have fun and whoo hoo!
This Year: Well, i have to work all summer. Mehh.

Last year: I was crazy about a boy, and he liked me back and things were going pretty well.
This Year: That same boy and i fight like brother and sister, but we still like each other as friends.

Last year: "Pirates of the Carribean 3" was the movie we were all peeing ourselves to see. (Not literally. Just so we're clear.)
This Year: I'm thinkin "Ironman."

Last year: Antsy to turn 16 so i could go on dates "all the time."
This Year: I went on one date, and i'm not even sure it counted because 1) it was only to get out of playing in pep band, 2) we didn't even like each other as more than friends, and 3) he and his girlfriend were "on a break" at the time, but now that they're together again, he counts that time as part of their consecutive dating period. So i went on a date with a taken guy.

Last year: Couldn't care less about graduation. For me, it was just my first year of playing "Pomp and Circumstance" 60 times.
This Year: Well, we've been through this already. I'm sorry siblings, but i think this is the one graduation besides my own that will have/has had the biggest effect on me.

Last year: Yay friends with everyone whoo party!
This Year: Hmm won't go into that. But we'll just say that i don't have all the same friends i used to.


See? Big difference. That last bit reminded me, though. I did something today that i have never done before. I talked to my mom for like an hour about what was going on between me and my friends and all the drama that was happening around me. I don't know why, but i've just never been really open with her about stuff like that. Why is that, do you think? Because i have no clue at all. It has just been an odd day all around, i believe. Tomorrow is the official last day of school, and actual graduation. Plus, my mama is leaving for 4 days.

I wonder what tomorrow has coming...?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic



This is the picture with Rhees and T-Dub i was talking about earlier...

0 people find me hilarious: