Sunday, June 8, 2008

Today was an A+.

I've gotta say, today was pretty much successful in being completely spectacular! Well, it didn't seem like it at first, because i was woken up by the doorbell that my parents didn't hear. So i had to get out of bed and let my neighbor borrow a couple of eggs... how's that for a way to start your day? haha

Once i was up for good, i called Ashley to see what time she wanted me to come to her house. She said any time was good, so i did my hair real quick and headed on down to town. Once we got there, we went to her dad's work to borrow his computer so we could sort through some pictures. See, our friend Nikiah is moving, and we're both doing scrapbooking projects, and we don't really want to use the same pictures. You know? So we have to decide who gets what ones... it feels almost like a divorce settlement. Haha. Anyways, so we did that for a little while, then we went and met Kiah at Subway for lunch. After that, we went back to our secret missions of printing off a billion pictures!

Oh, and this whole entire time, pretty much from the second i got over the grumpiness of having to answer the front door, i was in a GREAT mood. Luckily, so was Ashley! So all day, we were just singing random songs and having a sweet time, and that really helped with the outcome of the whole day, i'm pretty sure. Well after the printing thing, and after some DDR and Guitar Hero sessions and about 15 minutes of "Finding Nemo," Ash & i started to get ready for the dance. Even though we had like 3 hours until it started, we didn't know what else to do. Once we were ready though, we just sat in her room talking for a really long time.

It wasn't until we left for the dance that our adventure began. So we were on our way there, when Ashley's friend Mark called her. After a minute of being on the phone, she hung up and said "Umm Jennifer, could you head toward La Estancia?" i asked her why, and she told me that Mark's truck had run out of gas so him, his friend Mike, and Mike's brother Helaman were pretty much stranded. So we went and picked them up and headed for the dance. A little while later though, Mark decided he should probably get gas in his truck. So we ("we" being me, Ash, Mark, Mike, Helaman, and Jamie decided to come with us) drove to Mike and Helaman's house to get a gas tank, then (after a lot of confusion... no one would give me a straight answer when i asked where we were going!) we went back to Mark's truck. Ashley, Jamie and I actually kidnapped Mark for a couple of minutes while Mike and Helaman put gas in the truck. That was fun. =] In the end though, we went back to the dance and watched Mark be silly! Then me and Mike remembered why we were so tight a few months ago.

Let me tell you about Mike. See, we were in seminary together for the first semester of school and we were the bestest friends! But then he just got too cool for me and had to rearrange his schedule in order to graduate. (Like you really need to do that... pshh!) So then unfortunatly, we didn't talk for a very, very long time. As in, we didn't really talk until like... today. Haha. But pretty much this whole night, we just started talking a lot more and i decided that i sure like Mike a lot! I just want to kind of add him to the entry i did earlier about all my friends that graduated. Because he's going to stupid college TOMORROW which is just ridiculous to me. Anyways, yeah i just wanted to say that Mike is my dear good buddy and i like him a lot! =]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

P.S. No, he doesn't always wear just a random tank top! Haha He'd just been playing outside with Mark and Helaman.


The dance itself was as good as they usually are: not. I danced with Garett (he somehow is able to swing dance to ANY song. It never fails to amaze me), my husband Brandon, Matt, Josh Barton, and Mike. I saw a bunch of people that i'd missed a lot. I called my dear good buddy friend Craig to see if he was coming, but he sounded really tired because he'd been playing basketball for like 2 days straight and had a rolled ankle. So he ended up not coming. Well the dance started to suck, so i was driving down mainstreet and can you guess who i saw throwing a football across the street? It was Mark, Mike, and Helaman! So i pulled over to talk to them (Helaman gave me a hug, so then Mark did, but he started tickling me and saying "Oh no! She's having a seizure! Someone call 911!") and they invited me to play with them. So i parked in an actual parking lot instead of the side of the road and played. I actually only threw the ball like twice and the rest of the time, we just walked and talked. It was a lot of fun though, really. See? Today was spectacular. I'm really, really sad that Mike and Mark are out of high school, but i'm way excited to go to school with Helaman! (Did i mention that after Mike got out of my seminary class, Helaman came in? So then we became friends! So now we are all friends.)

Well i'm basically pooped. So i'm gonna peace on outta here. =]

P.S. i get my braces off in 9 days! Well... hopefully. Seems like whenever i get my hopes up for something, it ends up not happening. But i might have to freak out on someone's FACE if they try to extend it! Me and my best friend/cousin Ashton are getting our braces off on the same day. Even though she's had hers for 2 1/2 years and i've had mine for about 15 months, it's still ironic.

P.P.S. i think i am mentally incapable of rolling up the window of my car whenever i see TJ. yes, he did hi-jack my car AGAIN. this time though, he was considerate enough to put the car in park so i was able to actually start it this time. once he got my keys, he took off on his little Razor scooter and put the lanyard thing around his neck. But Cassidie got them back for me after not too long... thanks, dude! =]

1 people find me hilarious:

Sarah said...

Sooo excited to see you with your braces off!! And hey, if they try to "extend" on you, no worries. Dad's got a pair of needle-nosed pliers laying around, right??