Wednesday, December 2, 2009

B100D Donor!

if you can't tell, i stuck a little "100" in my "Blood", because this is my 100th post. (: anyways, i had the opportunity to donate blood today at the high school, and it was such a great experience. i was talking to the lady that was taking care of me the entire time, and while she was pricking my finger we were talking about in "Elf" when Buddy is like "my finger has a heartbeat." haha

favorite story of the day: after i was done actually getting my blood drawn, Dana (the nice lady) told me i was done, and she said "Four minutes, forty-six seconds. Not bad at all! Anything under 6 minutes is considered really fast." So i said, "Do i get some kind of medal for having really speedy blood?" just joking. Well, after she bandaged up my arm, she stuck a cute little pink gauze bow on there and said "Here's your badge of honor." it was awesome! however, i apparently made everyone at school very jealous, because there were little bows all over the place for the rest of the day. oh well, i was first. (: also, i am proud to announce that i did NOT pass out or vomit. i have a tiny bit of a bruise on the tip of my finger where she pricked me, but that's okay. i just want to say that i feel AWESOME about donating blood.

I tried to get a picture of my face, my sticker ("I MAKE A DIFFERENCE") and my bandage all at once.

I thought the "A." stood for Anderson, duh. But really, it meant "Appointment", as opposed to a "W" for "Walk-In." I learned this after i saw Dason Ott, Chanelle Johnson, and Carley Barber with stickers saying "Dason A.", "Chanelle A.", and "Carley A.". haha

My cute cute bow. (: I threw away the green bandage (of course), but i kept the pink bow.

on a side note, here's something interesting: me and my mom are the only people in my immediate family that have O negative blood type. meaning, our blood can literally go to anyone. the rest of my family is O positive. well, i was just talkin to mama about this, and we were all celebrating because we're universal donors, but then she said "but i'm sorry about all the shots you're going to have to get when you're pregnant." "...........what?" then she went on to explain that if my babies have positive blood types, my blood will try to attack them and then we both get very sick. so i guess i have to get like a buttload of extra shots when i have babies, just so my actual blood doesn't have a freak out. bah.

0 people find me hilarious: