Friday, January 1, 2010

Well, it's here.

I feel like I need to do a good post on the New Year--I just feel like I might be the only person in blogland who hasn't done this before the actual New Year. Oh well.

I have come up with several "New Years Resolutions", but unfortunately, they mainly consist of things that I probably ought to be doing on a regular basis already. Such as writing in my journal, drinking more water and less soda, saying my morning prayers, etc.

However, in light of what is to come this year, I am the tiniest bit terrified. There will be so many changes. Though a lot of them will be good, I won't lie that I expect a few will be pretty hard to cope with.

  • Sterling Scholar
  • Graduation, and all that that implies. (Final choir competitions, last chance to get into high school games for free, the end of my childhood, etc.)
  • Cruise to the Bahamas in June (?)
  • Moving out to live on my own.
  • Going to college.
  • Kimberly coming home from her mission. (Whoo!)
  • Boys in my own grade leaving on their missions.
  • I'm going to turn 19. (Not like that really matters a whole lot. Just thought I'd throw it out there.)

Those are just the things that are for sure going to happen. Who even knows about what family/friend weddings & babies will occur, or if some other grand opportunities come along for me. I mean, this time last year I had no idea that I would be going to either Girls State or Freedom Academy, but those turned out to be two hugely life-changing weeks. I can only hope that I get lucky enough to ever have such amazing experiences again.

My point is that no one ever really knows what life has in store for them, and certainly not for an entire year. I hope and pray that this year will be all it's cracked up to be, and then some. I hope the same for all of you. This will be a good year, but only if we make it so.

Happy New Year!

0 people find me hilarious: