Monday, September 27, 2010

Cedar South Swag

SUU currently has a flag football tournament going on. They announced it several weeks ago in order to give people a chance to get a team together and maybe throw the ball around a bit. However, what they didn’t know at the time of announcing was exactly how seriously Cedar Hall South was going to take it.

We have a lot of boys in Cedar South that played football in high school and really, really miss it dearly. The person that sticks out the most in my mind is my best friend Kyle. He was kind of a football star in high school and would’ve played for SUU, but he threw out his shoulder over the summer and has to sit it out for this year. So anyways, our boys got EXTREMELY pumped about it. I mean… they held practices, made plays, held tryouts, attempted to get jerseys (they ended up just deciding that everyone on the team had to wear basketball shorts and a gray shirt), assigned offensive/defensive coordinators and a head coach, got a team name (Cedar South Shockers), and a team cheer (“OH MY GOSH!”… yeah we won’t go into the back story of that one). Basically, these guys have just been lovin life ever since they’ve found something to do.

As you might have guessed, the tournament started today. Kyle (head coach… ha) designated me to be the team photographer, so here are some of the ones I got. I wish I didn’t just have a little point-and-shoot, but… ah well. Work with what you’ve got, I s’pose?


Hike!

Yeeah... Carter is TOTALLY in the zone...


Nice catch by Mama Matt!


Biggest fans. (:



Cedar South Shockers' cheer section. (Jasmine says she looks dumb in this picture... but I disagree vehemently when compared to PeTA.)



Best friend/head coach. (:


Me and That Guy! (We really are friends, and he really does have a name that I really do know. But he's just always been That Guy to me. haha)
Cedar South Shockers got Cedar South Swag.


He made a point to wipe some of that stuff on my face as soon as I took this picture. Great guy, right?

We've just got some good times goin for us here. (:

0 people find me hilarious: