Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This is a post about an annual celebration of that one time that I was successfully born.

Yes, boys and girls, this is a birthday post. Because yesterday, December 21, the first day of winter, the shortest day of the year, was also my 19th birthday. (Fun fact: 12/21/12, aka the "end of the world" is my 21st birthday... eerie, right?)

Honestly, 19 is really not that big of a deal to me. There's really nothing I can do now that I couldn't do when I was 18 (besides buy cigarettes in Utah... whoo hoo.). I guess there is the perk that I no longer sound like I am literally fresh out of high school. Soo that's good, I guess...

Anyways, I'll just tell you about my day. I got up early enough that I'd be able to curl my hair before I went to town to have lunch with some friends. Unfortunately, after I spent an hour curling my hair, I remembered why I never do it--I hate how my hair looks curled. /: So with 45 minutes left before I had to leave, I had to dunk my head and start all over. Ahh well... I guess that wasn't really relevant. But hey... it's my blog. I do what I want.

Kimberly and I took Missy to town, then went to Mom's work so I could get her car, that way Kimberly and I would both have vehicles. Then I went to the Three Bears in Kanab and met up with my dear good sweet friends Brianna and Carley! (I'm sorry, I had planned to take pictures, but completely spaced it. /: Dang it!) We had a delightful lunch, and Carley was thoughtful enough to give me a pickle for my birthday. What a sweetheart. (: haha

After lunch, I went and visited my dear good sweet friend Jasmine, since she was unable to come to lunch with us. While I was there, she gave me a present! It was "The Invention of Lying", aka one of my favorite movies ever. It is absolutely hysterical. (:

When Mama got off work, Kimberly and I met up with her and we headed off to St. George! Why? To PLAY of course! First stop was Asia Nails to get manicures for all three of us, and I got a manicure and a pedicure. Because it was my birthday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


After we got done with our nails, we headed off to Applebee's for dinner. Kimberly not-so-discreetly told the manager, who was just routinely checking up on his patrons, that it was my birthday today. As a result, I got a team of Applebee's employees chanting their ridiculous Happy Birthday song to me... but I did get a free dessert. So I got over the embarrassment pretty quick. (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me and sister at Applebee's... I love Applebee's.


We had some shopping to do at various places, including the mall. We went there, and I got to meet up with my friend Tim that was in St. George at the time. Mom felt bad that I didn't "have anything to unwrap" for my birthday, so she said I could go pick out something for her to buy for me... she was also quick to point out that the offer expired at midnight, so I better get on it. Tim came with me to go shopping while Mom and Kimberly went to a cupcake place to buy me a birthday [cup]cake. When they got back, we all said 'bye to Tim, and us girls went to Spoon Me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've been wanting this shirt forever. It says "Use Me, Reuse Me, Spoon Me"... hahaha I love it.


On our way to Spoon Me, Mom handed me a small box and said it was my cupcake. I just smiled at her and held it, intending to open it when we got home and I could put a candle in it. But she looked really bummed, so I went ahead and opened it... and then it was my turn to look bummed. It was coconut. I hate coconut. Then Kimberly, barely able to contain herself, handed me a much bigger box and said "Fine, you can pick from one of these." Fortunately, the bigger box contained 5 more cupcakes that were flavors that I didn't hate. (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Since we were gone all day yesterday, we decided to have the traditional big birthday dinner tonight, when we could be home, and Dad could be there. I decided that I wanted to have breakfast for dinner, because honestly... who doesn't love breakfast at night? Mommer and Popper arrived today around 5:30, so we got to have them here for brinner as well! We had bacon, eggs, grits, and--my favorite--biscuits and gravy. Balicious. (:

After dinner, we broke out the cupcakes! We put candles in all of them, then I got sang to. Again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Once I blew out the candles, everyone took their pick of flavor. Mmm. (:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Overall, it was a pretty good birthday. Here's to many more, yeah yeah? (:

0 people find me hilarious: