Thursday, September 1, 2011

This is absurd.

Last year, I did not have a vehicle at college. While it was midly inconvenient at times, I was actually okay with it for the most part. Here is why:


  • I lived on campus.

  • I had a meal plan, so I never really needed to go to the store.

  • Most of my friends lived in the same building as me, so the issue of "I never see my friends!" never really came up. And the ones that I didn't live with just lived down the street, so I could walk.

  • A lot of colleges don't even allow freshmen to have cars.

This year, however, it is proving to be more than a little annoying. For the following reasons:



  • Now that I have to cook for myself, I am forever thinking of things I need to get from the store, and I hate asking my friends for a ride to Walmart, because I feel like that mooch friend that everyone hates. I feel like they're all going to start ignoring my calls before the year is out.

  • Free parking in my apartment complex. It hurts.

  • The Biggest Stunt guys all live 8 miles north of here, and since none of them really have functional vehicles, I'd hate to ask them to come get me just to hang out. If I had a car, I would go see them occasionally.

  • I can't go home unless I happen to find someone else that is headed that way.

  • I am in desperate need of a job, and there are only so many places within walking distance that I can apply to. (Yes, Mom, I've even checked on-campus jobs.)

  • My inspiration for this post stems from the fact that I am stranded at my stupid house while literally everyone I know is at a bonfire. Or doing homework. Result: I want to be at the bonfire because it is barely 9:00, I have all my homework done, I look absolutely adorable, and I want to be spending time with other people. However, all of my friends with vehicles are either already at the fire or too busy with homework to go. (Which is when I say "That's why you do your homework in the afternoon, champ.")

I'm just so, so frustrated all the time. I hate the feeling of being stranded and depending on other people. Poor Lindy has gotten to a point where she actually pities me and lets me borrow her car from time to time. And when that happens, I am just super paranoid that something is going to happen to her car while I'm driving it.


My point is: not having a car freshman year really isn't that big of a deal. Even at the time I was okay with it. But that this point, I just get so frustrated every day that it's causing a great deal of stress in addition to what I already have going on.


And I don't know what to do.

1 people find me hilarious:

ashley karen said...

I am so sorry love! This just means that we are supposed to be roommates. I have a car and I am sure that we would spend every second together because you we are so fun!