Thursday, November 19, 2009

And then some.

following yesterday's awesome awesome experiences, i hit a fawn this morning on the way to seminary. it is dead. fortunately though, Missy is not. i was pretty proud of myself though, i didn't even cry. (which is what i usually do if anything bad happens to my car. like... at all.) i've got some photos of the damage, but there's also some other stuff that you can't see. like, how something happened to the thing that holds my washer fluid, because that was full a week ago, and it's been leaking out all over the place all day, so i'm down to... well... none. i considered taking a picture of the deer for like .2 seconds, then i realized that that is sick and morbid and plus i didn't even want to look at it, let alone document it. you're welcome.

i'm actually not as mad about it as you'd think, because i can't really blame the deer (i guess i could, but what's the point? as i type this, it's being eaten by scavenger birds. i just can't bring myself to put the blame on dead Bambi, you know?), and i don't blame myself because it just blind-sided me. it's not like it was chillin in the middle of the road when i wasn't paying attention and i just mobbed over it or anything. it came barrelin at me from a blind slope on the right side of the road. i did try and avoid it by steering left, but that became my downfall, as i later found out when i realized that if i had just hit the brakes and kept going straight, i would've missed it entirely. oh well.

My fender is all crazied up. And there's deer hair stuck in weird places.

Just a different angle so you can see that HUGE dent under my headlight. Hmm... i wonder if i can get new headlights out of this...

When i was driving home from school today, i came up over the hill just before where i'd hit the deer, and i saw that i left some massive skid marks. So i turned around and took a picture.

also, Dad pointed out that my car isn't even supposed to leave skid marks. but as some of us may remember, Missy's ABS system is... well pretty much nonexistent. hence my 2 accidents involving sliding off the road in snow, due to locked-up brakes. poor poor Missy... she's blowin light bulbs all the time, her headlights have no distinction between high-beams and low-beams, she's got a banged up fender now, some of her paint is chipping (due to the deer. awesome.), her average MPG has been suffering lately, and she's pretty dirty. sad. :(

well folks, it's about 4:00 in the afternoon, but i'm going to go to bed. why? because (don't judge me) i am going to the midnight showing of "New Moon" tonight in Hurricane, but i still have school in the morning. so i'm going to attempt to get some sleep in before i have to head out for that. whoo!

P.S. i took those pictures on my new phone. pretty dang good ones, i'd say. (: haha

3 people find me hilarious:

Bryce 'n Dena said...

That sucks. I know what you mean about finding hair in weird places. I was still finding stuff a year after I hit my dear.

Anonymous said...

Did you get deer poop stuck under the hood like I did? haha

Jennifer said...

hmm that's a negative, JP. i just got a big ol' nasty dent underneath my headlight. :/