Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Jennifer's No Good Horrible Very Bad Day

WARNING:
The following content consists of a huge rant of a 17-year-old girl that has a tendancy to overdramatize things that, in all reality, are not that big of a deal. It also may contain the words "PMS", "menopausal", and other possibly traumatizing phrases to those who are not expecting it. Plus, this is kind of long. You're welcome for the warning.

today was one of those days that probably would have been normal, were it not for just a couple of things that went badly. and because of those things, you begin thinking about the rest of the day and all of the other things that went wrong, and then it strikes you that it was just a horrible, horrible day. and like i said... today was one of those days.

to be fair, there were only 2 things today that just made my mood drop fast, and everything else was just kind of fell into place to make this a bad day. some of the little things included:

--Waking up just late enough to think i had time to get ready, then realizing that i couldn't do my make up and still be on time to seminary. Plus my hair turned out looking funny.

--On my way into town, i saw a deer that was kind of in the left lane, and there was an oncoming vehicle. i tried to do a courtesy by beeping my horn to kind of push the deer the rest of the way off the road, but what does it do instead? Double back directly in front of me. Duh. (But my plan worked... the other car didn't have to worry about hitting it.)

--A kid in my seminary class (that gets on my nerves anyways) said something to me at the start of class, so i turned around to answer him. But before i could say anything, he got an honest-to-goodness look of shock on his face and he said "Wow, Jennifer. You look... uh... tired."

--Later, before i had a chance to actually put on my make up, one of my best friends (who is an extremely unobservant boy, bless his heart) said to me "Jennifer, where are your glasses today?" "What?" "Oh wait, you don't wear glasses, huh?" (He couldn't figure out why i looked so radically different.)

--i learned that our boys basketball team doesn't even play Millard at all until January 26th. That is really, really far away. Hopefully the girls play them sooner.

--Since today was a half day, i went to X-Press feeling like i should go to lunch afterwards... but i didn't get to.

--i was reminded (once again), this time by Mrs. Terry, that i am completely broke and that i need another job desperately.

--One of my best friends has been throwing a hissy fit for the past couple of days and absolutely refuses to talk to me for an unknown reason. Mainly, he (yes, "he") is just being a chick. Nothing is better than a overdramatic teenage girl... except for maybe an overdramatic teenage boy that is acting like a girl.

--I had no one to go eat lunch with when school got out, and i didn't want to go by myself, so i didn't eat lunch.

--I had like an hour and a half to kill between school and my first appointment of the day, and no one to kill it with, because all of my friends were either in dance practice, preparing for Sterling Scholar interviews, or in EdNets. Or being menopausal.

--I spilled my $.32 Coke on my shoes. :(

--When i went to the dentist, i got the World's Most Aggressive Dental Hygienist trying to shove that vibrate-y cleaning pokey thing BETWEEN my teeth, mostly in places that i can barely get floss through, let alone a shaking metal stick. Good one, guy.

--Well, i'm kind of PMSing.

now for the 2 big fat stupid things that ruined my Wednesday. first of all, i think most of you probably know of my recent Chemistry struggles. if not, i'll give you a quick rundown: i struggle in Chemistry. my first term final grade was a C+, right smack in the middle of otherwise straight A's. i attempted to drop that class--as in, i had the form signed, turned in, and was already moved on to performing a new class schedule--but then the principal stepped in and we had a nice little afternoon of him and the school councelor telling me i was a failure if i dropped Chemistry. sooooo i got back in after one day. back to the present. i got my midterm report for that class today, and i currently am running at a very, very low C-, because i got a 34/57 on an exam that i studied with the teacher for. obviously, something here isn't right. so after i got that, and after holding back my fury and disappointment for the rest of the class period, i stormed to the councelor's office and showed him the report. then i said "look what you made me do."
"did you study for the exam?"
"for hours."
"did you study with Mrs. Titus?"
"for as long as she could."
"well maybe you should go in every day after school."
i couldn't handle that nonsense, so i walked out with my ugly report, while he called out his door "You know Jennifer, i really do think you're a great student. You can do this." bad deal.

next extra bad thing: i usually tend to love getting haircuts. i get excited for them, because my hair will get to a point where i just think it looks gross and shapeless, so i like to go to the local salon and say "cut it short with lots of layers" and it turns out adorable. however, through a series of unfortunate miscommunication, i ended up getting a hair appointment with a local lady who works out of her house (not the salon that i like), from whom i have never, ever come away with a good feeling about my hair. i ended up having her cut my hair anyways, and... well... i kind of think i look like a cross between Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music" and my friend Austin from Freedom Academy. it was worse when i very first got it cut, but only because the lady not only didn't style it at all, but she parted my hair almost directly down the middle, so it just looked bad bad bad. but then i came home, straightened it, parted it in the right place, so it's... better. i think i'll get used to it.

however, since this is in the top ten pissiest posts i've ever done, i decided to give put some light to good things about this haircut:


This is how i'll probably wear it most often...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...unless i'm feeling particularly emo/urban that day...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...or maybe even like wearing a barrette that i can't wear with longer hair...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...and where is the rule that says you HAVE to part your hair?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

but in all reality...

...maybe i should just wear a hat and solve my problems.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

also on a slightly brighter note, i have 3 of the best friends i could ever ask for. unfortunately... those 3 best friends all happen to live very far away from me. to Ashton, Nikiah, and Rendon... thanks for helping me through my No Good Horrible Very Bad days, even though you're far away. (: keep it real.

1 people find me hilarious:

Sarah said...

Aw, sweet girl. I'm sad you had such a crummy day. Hopefully you don't get another one for a very very long time. Your hair pictures made me laugh, though. Please, please don't ever wear a headband like that in public. Please. Ever. And the no-part one made me instantly know which friend you were talking about. The guy who walks around with a fan blowing behind him, right? :) Anyway, you may not be real happy with your hair but I think it's cute and I think you're cute and cute girls don't deserve to have super craptastic days. I wish I could have been there to make you some cookies or something. How about when I come down in FOUR DAYS I punch your school counselor in the throat for ya. Okay? Okay.