Thursday, March 3, 2011

Amazed.

Nothing about this day has been special enough to achieve “what a spectacular day!” status.

Except.

I was walking to the gym earlier and saw the most amazing shooting star I have ever seen in my life. It wasn’t a normal white-light-falling kind of thing. Not only did it last a full 3 seconds, but I swear on my life… it actually had sparks. You know when fireworks explode, and then all the little pieces come trickling down, and they’re still a little twinkly… that’s what it was like. The fact that I’d seen it, and knowing that if I’d left for the gym 5 minutes earlier or if I’d been texting or if I’d been trying not to step on any cracks in the sidewalk (which I do, all the time)… all of those things put me in a very pensive, appreciative mood. I've been walking on air ever since.

Looking back, today was nothing special. But looking forward, my life is, and tomorrow could be.

I love everything.

0 people find me hilarious: