Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Inspired by a text message to my friend Billy.

The other night, my friend Billy invited me to go hot tubbing with him and a few other friends. And by "a few other friends", I mean "eight or nine guys, most of which I have never met". It was interesting.

One of these people that I didn't know happened to be highly attractive, both physically and personality-wise. He was a cool guy and after talking, I decided my interest had been piqued. But I have a deep, deep fear of ever mentioning how single I am to an attractive guy's face and then have them say something to the effect of "You know what? I think you would really like my girlfriend's brother." So I pulled a chicken move.

A while after I got home, I texted Billy and said "So on a scale of one to ten (one being married/gay and ten being 'on the lookout'), how single is _____?"

This inspired me to create what I'd now like to introduce to you as the Average Person's Easy Guide to Singleness.

0: Dead
1: Married/gay
2: Engaged/co-habitant
3: In a very serious relationship
4: In a steady relationship
5: In a new or unstable relationship
6: In an unofficial relationship (I like her/him, s/he likes me, but that's about it)
7: Single, but interested in someone else
8: Single, but not really looking for anything
9: Whatever happens, happens
10: On the prowl or "Let's DO this [thing], Brian!"


There. I hope this aids some of you in your search for the perfect single person.


P.S. By the way, he was a 10. Soo... more on this story as it develops.


P.P.S. This story has slightly developed. So far so good. That's all I have to say.

1 people find me hilarious:

Madison said...

HAHAHA your guide seriously cracked me up jen! oh my gracious. I LOVE your blog! (: