Friday, February 4, 2011

I certainly do not love dead people. No sir. I do not.

Sometimes I can't sleep. As a result, I stay in the common room with some neat folks and watch an old school Stephen King movie that gives me the creepety creeps. For instance: "Rose Red." I am getting freaked out to the max. Turns out I really do not love dead people.

Mmmm... yummy.

I also made a deal with everyone in the room that I would someday attempt to look just like this guy. I couldn't find a picture of his "scared" face, but that's the one that I have to make when I walk around campus from now on. Awesome. (:

In other news, I didn't have any classes today. I only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and since I had a test for that class today, regular class was cancelled. WHOO! I got up at 6:30 to take out the trash (we won't go into why), went back to bed, and didn't get up until 1:45 in the afternoon (which, in reality, is probably why I can't sleep). On a scale of one to sweet, it was awesome. (: I got up, took two hours to put my hair in a bun and get my make up on, went and took my test, came home, cleaned, and that's literally all I remember doing. I'm pretty sure I spent the rest of the day either watching Psych, eating, or writing a paper for my Psychology class.

By the way, this might be one of my favorite papers to write, ever. I have to write about a dream that I have and write a paper about it using one of the three following options:

Off-line: The theory that our brain uses dreams to consolidate information gained throughout the day so there is more room the next day.
Problem solving: The theory that while we sleep, we use dreams to work through problems that we can't figure out consciously due to barriers and thinking "inside the box."
Psychoanalysis: The theory that dreams are our brains fulfilling unconscioius wishes and desires.

I picked a rather specacular dream I had the other night about James Roday and I'm choosing to use psychoanalysis to write about what I think it means. It's a pretty personal paper, but my teacher made a point to tell us not to worry about what she'll "think" of us after she reads the papers. Plus she's a pretty cool lady, so I'm not too worried about it.

It's really interesting trying to break down your dreams, you know. You have to think about every aspect of your life and what the smallest things in your dreams could mean. It's a very soul-searching experience. I rather enjoyed myself... like I said, it's one of my favorite papers I've ever written. (:

Alright, well it turns out I can't really focus on a blog and a movie at the same time. This is mostly a distraction to keep me from focusing on all the nasty dead people in this movie... gross. /:

0 people find me hilarious: