Friday, February 18, 2011

That Sly Dog

Today was a good day for mail. I got two missionary letters and a wedding announcement. This post refers to one of my top 5 favorite missionaries in the field at the current time.



This is a picture of one of the pictures he sent me in the letter that I got today. (His name was already printed on there. He called this is "glamour shot" photo. What a duck.) He also wrote me a note on the back of it that literally made me cry, but you know me... the fact that I cried really isn't that big of a deal.

This next picture is one that he sent out in his weekly e-mail. Mostly it just made me giggle because it portrays fairly accurately what his personality is like--just a weird guy. In his letter, he said "I'm never going back to scissors/knives for any of my cutting needs. Chainsaws only from now on! J ßGreat discovery."

Last semester, I got to know Sly (his name is Justin, but I've only ever called him Sly... weird? Maybe.) through a very peculiar set of circumstances which I won't go into. It's one of those you-really-had-to-be-there things. But he was also in my Psychology class, which is a little less weird. Anyways, he and I got to be really close about a month and a half before he left on his mission. It's always kind of a bummer when you make a really great connection with someone, and they leave shortly after (déjà vu, anyone?), but it was still a great experience spending so much time with this amazing boy. I've never met someone who found so much fascination in watching the tip of my nose when I talk. (Yeah, it wiggles. Try not to stare next time you talk to me.) He left in December for the MTC, and went to Atlanta Georgia after that. He seems to be doin some good there. (:

Anyways, I guess his letter today just got me thinking a lot about him and I just miss him a lot. Don't know why I wanted to share on here, but I guess it just makes me feel better.

He drove a motorcycle, so once it got cold/snowy, we had some good adventures walking to the Denny's down the street.

Thanks for reading, folks. It means a lot to me. (:

0 people find me hilarious: